Having been led as we believe by the Spirit of God to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior and on the profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and the Holy Spirit, we do now in the presence of God solemnly and joyfully enter into covenant with one another as one body in Christ.
We promise, therefore, by the aid of the Holy Spirit:
• to walk together in Christian love;
• to strive for the advancement of Bethlehem Baptist Church in knowledge, holiness, and mission;
• to promise its prosperity and spirituality;
• to sustain its worship, ordinances, doctrines, and discipline;
• to contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of
the church, the relief of the poor, and the spread of the gospel through all nations.
We also promise by the aid of the Holy Spirit:
• to maintain family and secret devotions;
• to religiously educate our children;
• to seek the salvation of our kindred and acquaintances;
• to walk circumspectly in the world;
• to be just in our dealings, faithful in our engagements, godly in our behavior;
• to avoid all tattling, backbiting, and excessive anger;
• to abstain from any actions contrary to God's word;
• to be zealous in our efforts to advance the kingdom of our Savior;
We furthermore promise by the aid of the Holy Spirit:
• to watch over one another in brotherly love;
• to remember one another in prayer;
• to aid one another in sickness and distress;
• to cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and Christian courtesy in speech;
• to be slow to take offense, but always ready for reconciliation in obedience with the rules of our Savior.
We moreover promise, by the aid of the Holy Spirit, that when we remove from this place we will as soon as possible unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God's Word.